08 Apr 5 Effective Protective Gears for Motorcycle Riders
Riding a motorcycle is fun and exciting. You feel a certain sense of freedom as you move on the road with cool winds blowing against your body. However, this could be a double-edged sword because the lack of a protective exoskeleton often makes a collision with other vehicles catastrophic. A road crash or collision is never a pleasant experience but it is a known fact that motorcyclists are much more vulnerable than motorists. They do not enjoy the protection offered by cars, trucks, or other similar vehicles, and an accident that a motorist walks away from scot-free could result in life-threatening injuries and a long–term disability for a motorcycle rider.
Hence, it’s important to get the best protective gears for enhanced comfort and security. Here are 5 effective ones for motorcycle riders:
- Helmets: A helmet is an indispensable defensive gear that can shield riders. Helmets play a dominant role in preventing disastrous brain injuries. The most protective of all is a full-faced helmet that safeguards the face, neck, and head. Look for one that fits well around the cheeks. A comfortable fit also ensures that there’s minimal noise penetration inside the helmet. However, the visor needs to be clean and without scratches for enhanced visibility.
- Riding gloves: Wrists and fingers are fragile and need adequate protection. So, it’s advisable to opt for premium gloves with a sturdy defensive layer. Gloves need to be scratch-resistant and lightweight. In fact, they should have a snug fit and should not come off easily. After all, it’s a lot about comfort as well.
- Riding jackets: Riding jackets are ideally designed to protect you from heavy impacts such as internal and external injuries. Most of these jackets are integrated with protective padding near elbows, shoulders, back, hips, and chest. However, make sure that the jacket does not hamper your movement in anyway.
- Back protectors: These play an integral role in absorbing energy from a huge impact, thereby helping prevent damage to the ribs and spine. It’s vital to ensure that the back protector is perfect size for you.
- Boots: Riding boots save your feet and ankles from disastrous damage during accidents. These boots should ideally be soft and comfortable as boots that are too rigid may lead to discomfort while riding.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Orleans Can Help
The injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident are harrowing and require extensive and expensive treatments. In order to get the compensation you deserve for all your pain and suffering and medical expenses, it is important to immediately get in touch with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer.
The skilled and experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in New Orleans working with the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have extensive experience in representing motorcycle accident victims. We pay personal attention to each and every case in a bid to help the victims obtain maximum financial remuneration for their pain, suffering, and medical treatment. Call us today for FREE consultation.